I took a class called Communiction 101 about 20 years ago at UW- Milwaukee and I honestly don’t remember much from that class. I have some hazy recollection of watching a video once but that’s about it. One thing I am sure of , however, is that it was NOT oral communication. This is more than I was expecting. I was figuring this to be another quick GDR that I could get out of the way during the winterim, but noooooooo. Since the first day of class I have had homework and reading every night! Admittedly, I have learned a lot already through lecture and work shop with Dr. Woo so I shouldn’t complain. The SPEAK principle, Smile – Posture – Eye Contact – Animation – Kinetics should come in very handy when I give my next speech. (Hopefully, I will be relaxed enough to remember them!) Knowing how the introduction of a speech gets the listeners’ attention, establishes credibility and reveals the topic of the speech helps me to actually write my speeches because it’s like having a list I can check off as I go. Finally, I hope to get one or two answers right on the midterm by knowing that Speaker, Message, Channel, Listener, Feedback, Situation and Interference are the seven elements of communication. 🙂 Overall, I know this class will be of great benefit to me and my career in the end. Thank you, Dr. Woo!
- Ashley H
- Sonora Landeros
- Studies show that drinking beer turns men into women, watch what you drink guys. #beaman #watchwhatyoudrink i.imgur.com/xDeEeQc.jpg -Douglas 3 years ago
- Spending money like you have it while still being thousands of dollars in dept #collegerich -Douglas B 3 years ago
- Why don't we used things like this in America #simpleinnovations i.imgur.com/X0j6LUX.gif -Douglas B 3 years ago
- Illegal for bars in Colorado to sell less than 4% alcohol by volume #drunk denverpost.com/legislature/ci… -Douglas B 3 years ago
- Rockin out some tweets before the deadline #betterlatethannever #procrastinate -Douglas B 3 years ago